Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, Inc. New York, NY, USA
Compensation: $60,000 to $65,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks, exceedingly well organized and flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles under minimum supervision. This position requires frequent communication and coordination with the Foundation’s governing board and advisory council.
Support the President and VP for Finance with scheduling meetings/conference calls, calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reporting, correspondence and generating reports in Excel and Salesforce.
Serve as central point of coordination for activities related to the board and advisory council including the following activities:
- Coordinate preparation of meeting discussion materials including production of soft/hard copies and dissemination of materials.
- Maintain comprehensive annual board and advisory council activities calendar. Record keeping for board and committee meeting minutes and other corporate documents.
- Manage arrangements for semi-annual board and advisory council meetings including hotel arrangements, catering, and other logistical details.
- Manage arrangements for board committee meetings including scheduling meetings and dissemination of discussion materials.
- Serve as key administrator for the management of the board and advisory council portal including maintenance of current information.
- Update board and advisory council member bios, contact information and relevant distribution lists
Perform receptionist duties:
- Receive and interact with visitors.
- Answer the phone.
- Handle incoming/outgoing mail, Fedex and other delivery services.
- Register visitors in building security system.
- Order kitchen supplies
Performs general office management duties:
- Manage inventory of office supplies, order additional supplies as needed.
- Liaison with building property management and cleaning service.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and IT support.
- Support financial office on record keeping activities, weekly staff time sheets, electronic investment files, audit confirmation letters, etc.
- Provide administrative support to program offices as needed.
- Maintain shared staff calendar and public folders
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional experience in an administrative support role, preferably working with executives.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail. Strong sense of initiative, process-improvement mindset, and ability to work independently.
- Highly flexible, creative problem solver, with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated good judgement.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient or advanced skill in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Proficient or advanced skill in Salesforce.
About Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, Inc.:
The Wenner-Gren Foundation is a private operating foundation dedicated to the advancement of anthropology throughout the world. Located in New York City, it is one of the major international funding sources for anthropological research and is actively engaged with the anthropological community through its grant, fellowship, conference, publication, and capacity building programs. More information on the foundation can be found on its website, www.wennergren.org. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Company address: 655 Third Avenue, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10017
Posted date: 10 days ago
View all Jobs at Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, Inc.